Sunday, November 5, 2017

All About the Nursery

I have received numerous comments and DM's about Olivia's nursery and thought I would share some links and such here. When I found out I was pregnant with a girl, I knew I wanted to get started working on her nursery as soon as possible. It was going to be feminine, but very soft and delicate and I think that is what I achieved! I first starting searching through Pinterest, gathering ideas of what I wanted and didn't want and honestly, it all started with the wallpaper. To be honest, it took me a good three months to convince myself to spend this much money on wallpaper (I mean who spends hundreds of dollars on wallpaper?!- I do) and it wasn't until I received a bonus at work that I felt I could justify the money I would spend. I opted to just do one wall and only cover it 3/4 of the way and I love how it turned out! I then built the rest of the room around it. I took the paper to my local hardware store and asked them to color match both the white and the pink. So unfortunately I cannot share the name of those colors as they are custom made. I knew I wanted white furniture for the room and a solid headboard for the crib, easy right? Not so much. My mother and I shopped at pretty much every store that sells nursery furniture and were only able to find a few. Another criteria for the furniture that I had was I wanted a full sized dresser. So many furniture sets come with these dinky dressers that I knew Olivia would outgrow once she got a little older, so a full sized dresser was a must. We finally found exactly what we were looking for at a local children's furniture store (who I will not share the name because our customer service experience was horrendous). The company name of the furniture is Silva and it is great quality! My husband did such a fantastic job at helping make my vision come to life. We spent countless hours working in her room together. It was almost therapeutic for us! We absolutely love how it all came out! I will link as much as I can below! If there is something I missed, feel free to ask in the comments! Thanks for reading!





Wallpaper-  Project Nursery (exact) (we used left over wallpaper scraps to build the valance)
Other options- One, Two
Rug-Lulu&Georgia 5x7
Lamp and  picture frame- Homegoods
Curtains-Ikea
Wall print- 5th and Grace 
Rocking Bunny- Pottery Barn
Mirror- Homegoods
Shelves- Target

1 comment :

  1. It’s even more stunning in person!!!!!
    So feminine for our little “princess”.
    Job well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smil...