Thursday, December 14, 2017

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smiles and even starting to giggle a little. Everytime Olivia sees her daddy, she gives him the biggest smile, she thinks he is just the funniest guy! She is beginning to get antsy when we place her in her swing and Rock n' play, so we aren't sure those toys are going to be around much longer. This little girl wants to kick and push her feet all the time!

On her 3 month birthdate, we decided to transition Olivia to sleep in her crib in her own room. I was very nervous and anxious about it, but I knew it would be best for everyone. I felt like everytime we moved throughout the night, she would move. So I was hoping by her sleeping in her own room, she would have a bettter sleep at night. So far so good! She has been doing very well in her big girl crib, and was not even phased by the transition. Mom and Dad didn't sleep much the first two nights, we pretty much just stared at the monitor. But everyone got used to it rather quickly and she has been sleeping like a champ!

Evening Routine:
  Olivia gets a bath every other night. So on bath nights we usually begin our routine around 8PM
Her entire bathing process typically takes about a half an hour. Afterwards, I take her into her room and nurse her right before I put her down. On a typical evening, Olivia will be in her crib by 9PM. Michael and I have to maybe go back into her room two or three times to give her the pacifier if it falls out and then she's good!
   Now depending on how she napped and nursed throughout the day, depicts how well she will sleep throughout the night. She won't wake more than twice but most often she only wakes once. 5AM is her typical wake up time. I will nurse her and put her back down which she will stay asleep until 8AM.
  
  We are still working on tummy time, (she has not been enjoying that at all) hopefully it will be a better experience for her soon! I am so proud of my little girl and the strides she makes every day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smil...