Thursday, November 16, 2017

Olivia's Two Month Update

Hi friends! I cannot believe that little miss is already two months old! Time truly does fly by! Olivia is already wearing size 3months in clothing. I washed all of her newborn clothes, sorted and labeled them in freezer Ziploc bags and stored them in a plastic container. I definitely shed a tear while I was packing up some of my favorite pieces thinking she'll never wear them again, so sad.

Olivia is now starting to smile at us and hold her head up really well! She is so alert and loves to follow us around the room with her eyes. Also, she sleeps through the night! I typically try to put her down around 9:30 PM. Sometimes she wakes up at 5:00am and I will feed and change her and she will go back down for another two hours. Other nights she will sleep right through to 7:30-8:00 AM. We are truly blessed with a baby who likes to sleep!

Yesterday we took her to the pediatrician for her two month check up and shots. The doctor was very pleased with everything Olivia had to offer. She said her weight (11.6 pounds) and height were right where they needed to be and to keep on doing what we were doing.

Olivia had to get her first set of shots at that appointment....oy. That was difficult for both she and I. I asked Mike if he would hold her because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it, and I was right. I stood in the corner sobbing while she got all three shots. I had never heard her cry like that before. It was hard to not be able to soothe her. She calmed down shortly after, but just wasn't herself for the rest of the day. She was irritable and cranky and towards the end of the night she began to spike a little fever. We decided to give her some baby Tylenol and thankfully she slept through the night. This morning she's a little happier, but still not 100% so I am watching her closely.

The doctor also suggested we stop swaddling her and transition her into her own room but I am just not ready nor do I think she is. I feel like it is too soon! When did you transition your kids to their own room? I'm curious to know! Leave a comment and share :)

1 comment :

  1. We stopped swaddling around six weeks but are still room sharing and plan to until six months!

    ReplyDelete

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smil...