Sunday, November 26, 2017

Easy Fritata Recipe

Good Morning! The other day we had a family brunch at the house and I promised to share my fritata recipe with you all. So here it is! This was my first time making this dish and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and how yummy it came out! I searched through Pinterest and researched a handful of recipes. Most of them called for ingredients that I knew my guests wouldn't be fond of, so I took tidbits from each and created my own. The entire dish from start to finish took about 25 minutes.It was so easy, I am going to definitely make it again just for my hubby and I, no fancy brunch needed :)



5 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Bacon bits (I didn't measure, I just eyeballed the amount that I thought would be sufficient)
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
Serves 5-6

Start by lightly greasing (making sure to get the sides) and adding your spinach to an oven friendly pan (none with rubber on it that will melt in the oven).  Allow your spinach to wilt, should take about 4-5 minutes.

While your spinach is working, begin scrambling your eggs. The trick is once the eggs easily flow through your fork, you are ready to add the other ingredients!
Add the remaining ingredients to your eggs, mixing it all together nicely.
Once your spinach is wilted, you can add your egg mixture to the pan. Be sure not to distrupt your mixture in the pan, you want it to cook smooth and flat. When you notice the edges of your egg starting to set (about 2 minutes), place the entire pan inside your oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Check your creation often to ensure the eggs don't get too brown. Serve warm.

And voila! You have now made a scrumptious fritata! So easy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smil...