Monday, November 20, 2017

Sorry, Not Sorry

   Why do we as women always apologize? Seriously, I always find myself saying sorry, whether it's to a stranger or to my husband; I must say it at least 10 times a day. I think it might be something carved into our minds as women to be sorry for things that we aren't sorry for. Now I know Demi Lovato's song has a totally different meaning but hey, if the lyrics fit!
   If you follow me on Instagram (you really should), you may recall my nail dilemma from this past weekend. The abridged version of the story, I tried the Nex Gen nail powder on my nails for the first time this weekend and absolutely hated it. They were so thick and goopy looking, it just wasn't for me.  Once I finally gathered up the moxy to go back and have them fixed, I spoke to the manager (who could not have been sweeter to me) and I apologized and said sorry for being unhappy with them. Well.....he quickly put me in my place and told me NOT to apologize, as I did nothing wrong. And you know what, he was right! Why was I sorry? I paid a lot of money and treated myself to a manicure which does not happen often, I deserve to be happy with the results. So why was I saying sorry to him?
    I guess it kind of opened my eyes a little to have a stranger at the nail salon put me in my place and tell me that I deserve to be happy with the service I was provided. So ladies and gentlemen, I decided to pass the message onto you! Stop saying sorry! We all do so much on a day to day basis, we deserve everything and more!
    Sorry, not sorry! 😜

No comments :

Post a Comment

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smil...