Friday, November 10, 2017

Things to do to prior to baby

I think we did a pretty good job when it came to getting ready for our little babe's arrival. Everyone warns you that your life will never be the same again, and of course that is true since you're adding a whole other person to the family, but Mike and I tried to do a few things in order to enjoy one another before our lives changed forever.

I should probably say first and foremost, Mike and I are not big travelers. I am a total homebody. I like the idea of planning a trip and creating fun memories but somehow when push comes to shove, I would much rather be in my own bed in my own home. Is anyone else like that?

That being said, we still decided to plan a mini babymoon just to get away for a few nights. Living in South Florida, your quick getaways are quite limited since it takes 10 hours just to get out of our state! So we opted to drive West to Naples, Florida and stay at the Naples Grande Resort. It was so beautiful and nice to getaway. We appreciated the adult only pool section as we knew that would be one of the last times we would be able to spend time there. They have a beautiful beach area which you take a walk along a gorgeous nature trail to get there as well as great shops just down the street. It was a fun little getaway.
I absolutely love the water on the West coast! It is so calm and peaceful and this picture just takes me right back! There was actually a wedding going on on the beach right next to us, so Mike and I sat down and took in all the feels.


Unfortunately, being pregnant forces you and your spouse to miss out on a few events. In my ninth month of pregnancy, we had to miss our good friends wedding in California, a bachelorette party and Mike missed two bachelor parties. I felt really bad that he had to miss out on so many life events because of his preggo wife, I decided to surprise him with a "Dad-chelor Party".  I collaborated with his best friend, and planned a fun guys weekend in Miami. I had pre-packed a bag for him and he was so surprised when his buddies came to the house to pick him up. They had a fun filled weekend of boating, drinking, and good food. I was so happy he had a good time with his buddies.

This was the view from the balcony where the guys stayed in Miami. They had so much fun taking the boat out that day and just relaxing.

Other than those two events, we really tried to spend time with each other and our friends and take all the special moments in. You can never truly prepare yourselves for parenthood; and like they say, you're never really "ready" but I think we did well when it came to spending time with each other and those who are special in our lives :)      

No comments :

Post a Comment

Olivia's 3 Month Update!

Hi friends! Wow, I cannot believe my baby girl is already 3 months old! She is turning into quite the little person now! She is full of smil...